Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First day of Kindergarten!!!

My little boy started kindergarten today! He was anxious to get going from the time he woke up and we ended up at the bus stop a tad bit too early. There's one other little boy at his stop, a 4th grader named Jason with bright red hair and a VERY Irish accent! He was very helpful and talkative. Once the bus arrived, Jamie promptly headed towards the stairs. I had to whip my camera out quickly to take a few shots! It was so cute :)


Once he was safely aboard, we met up with him at his school so we could be there for the first 10 minutes of his day (teacher recommended!) and observe the class. I could tell by this time that Jamie was beginning to get overwhelmed by all the activity. But the good news is... he made it through his first day! We're all so very proud of him :)




Here's some pictures of his first day of school. I didn't get as many as I would've liked since there was SO much going on.

Here's Jamie, gazing longingly at all the toys in the cupboards.

Just before school, being a goof ball



Isn't this just darling? That backpack looks so huge!
The bus driver patiently showing him where he can sit.

I have a feeling we're going to know a completely different kid by the time this school year ends... different in a good way, of course!! :)



1 comment:

Nick said...

That's classic! :)