Thursday, September 11, 2008

This week's been filled with its ups and downs on a dramatic scale. The down I'm sure, is very obvious... but on the flipside, work's going great! I had my first Paperchase offical visit from a couple of home office folks and they were very impressed with my entire shop, my backstock (or lack therof) and my sales. They took photographs of my displays and asked me questions about how I jumped in sales. While taking a look at my clean and nearly clear backstock, they were so impressed that they told me they wished they could see this in every backstock. They asked how I got everything out without it looking cluttered and crammed. My boss beamed at me the entire time! It felt pretty good to have something go right this week. I truly feel like I've finally found my niche as far as Borders goes. I know I get a lot of jokes about how cheap Paperchase is and how crappy the products are but... I still like working in it.

Anyhow, Today I'm going to try and visit with Jamie's principal and see if we can make school a more positive experience for him and us. I've got a few ideas but they're going to cost energy and time on the part of anyone involved in Jamie's life. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Cheers on rocking PC. But, you know, how could you not?!?
And I hope on the other end of the spectrum, everything comes out all right. If applicable, I'll help in any way I can!