Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Waking up Jamie

Greetings!

I woke up to a beautiful day today. It was 6am and I woke up happy! Close friends and family are probably picking up their chins right now because that rarely happens. But today it did.
My soul sensed that everything was going to be okay. I must've just really tapped into that as I brought myself out of dream world just in time to click off the alarm before it buzzed (it's a knack that I'm proud of btw).
The day started as I walked into Jamie's bedroom after getting dressed from my cool shower. He was upside down in his bed, facing the fan. Tiny, thin limbs poked in every direction and his little butt was rised ever-so-slightly. I always smile when I walk in to wake him up.
"Wake up! Wake up!" I sang to him, patting his behind and ruffling his hair. A tiny grunt and his Shrek blankie flew over his head in protest.
"No no... it's time to get up! Let's get some clothes on!" my voice dripping in cheer as I tore the blankie off his head.
"Aarrggh," he grasps for his baseball blankie this time and wraps himself as tightly and as quickly as he can before I am able to tear that one off too.
I use my best Jamie-imitiation as payback, "But JAMIE! I'm HUNgry! Get up!! Turn on Curious GEORGE for me!"
I can hear him giggle under the blanket.

If this doesn't signify a good day, I don't know what does :)
Here's a brief list of good things from today:
~ I get to plan my day at work. Keeping myself busy and organized in my own way.
~ Spoke with a good friend that I haven't talked to in awhile. Made my day :)
~ Nearly finished with my surprise for Sam and Brandon's wedding gift. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.
~ My youngest brother is spending the night. He broke his arm at a concert last Wednesday. Moshing. But still, it's cool that he's here. He's even going to watch Jamie tomorrow while I work :)
~ Jamie didn't use potty mouth today so he got to play with his skates. (potty mouth meaning: poop pee butt... not cuss words lol)
~ Knowing I'm getting paid on Friday. I'm in desparate need of a haircut.

I hope everyone else has a great day soon :)

No comments: