Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Final word...

Here's the letter I recieved from my contact at Borders. Looks like due to cutting costs, they won't be able to accept me as their event photographer... but at least he had some nice words to share. Here is his letter:

"Hi Christine, I work with Caroline and I know you and she have been talking about bringing you in for the GM Meeting in Orlando to have you take pictures.

Unfortunately I have bad news. Moreso than for any other GM Meeting I can remember, they are restricting the number of non-GMs attending in order to keep travel and hotel costs down. What that means is that I've been directed to hire a local Orlando-area photographer.

As a former professional photographer way-back-when, I want you to know that I am VERY impressed with your work and am very sorry I can't bring you in for this event to show everyone what you can do.

I'm always pushing to have one of these meetings in the Seattle area so maybe another time.

Thanks for understanding, take care, and good luck."

This also means that I have to return the mac... =(

Well, it's on to the next big thing, eh? :)

No comments: