Sunday, February 3, 2008

I got a date!

This weekend my mom offered to take Jamie with her while she visited my grandma. Mike and I decided it would be a good time to use up our gift certificates to Claim Jumpers and Regal Cinemas.
My boss only scheduled me until 3pm today so Mike and I agreed upon leaving as soon as I got home and started our long drive towards Tukwila. Claim Jumpers is a western style restaurant with steaks, ribs and rotessersori chicken... melt-in-your-mouth chicken, I might add. Once we were stuffed we headed out towards Fry's Electronics in Renton. I wanted to check out their prices for Microsoft Home Office software and pick up an extra battery charger for my camera. We also browsed through the aisles of video games; PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii's. I think Mike is still settled upon his PS3 but he was musing about the benefits of playing a wii with Jamie. At this point, we thought it would be wise if we left as soon as possible.
We decided to watch Juno and got to the theatre about a half hour early. This is really a cute film... I've heard it compared to Knocked Up but tamer. Mike even seemed to enjoy the clever dialogue between the charactors and funny/embarrassing moments. All and all, it was a fantastic date. :)

1 comment:

auntie jean said...

Well it sounds like you had a great date night. I so glad that you got away with one. I been better about making time to do that when me and Kev are off at the same time. It seems to be working out for us. We have always spent time with the kids and have lost our way. But I think we are finding ourselves once again. The ps3 is great my son has one and plays online with his. We have the Wii too but don't play it as much due to the fact that my kids are a lot older than their younger cousin. But every once in awhile we do have a family night and enjoy it. But those are few and far in between. We catch you later.