Wednesday, January 2, 2008

OMG!

I've been corresponding with a friendly woman I met at the Borders GM conference back in March and I asked her around October if Borders would be interested in a free photographer (if they pay for travel expenses). She asked me for some samples of my work and passed it along to others in the decision-making process. I explained to her that I didn't want to replace their current photographer but hoped to learn from her. She said they liked my work and would seriously consider my position.

Well, today I got an email that instantly brightened my day... what a way to start the New Year!! She wrote me and explained that they weren't able to get a hold of their normal photographer and would I be interested in taking her place when the next GM meeting is held? UH YEAH! It'll be in April and they're going to sunny Florida this year!! I'm SO STOKED!!! This is going to be such a great learning experience for me because I'll have an actual client... a huge corporate company to boot!

First step, get a business liscense ASAP!

*shrieks with giddy laughter*

3 comments:

auntie jean said...

You go girl. Keep it up. Take a deep breath and go for your dream. Everything else will follow.

Christine said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm gonna be SUCH a nutcase when the time rolls closer :)

...and broke!

carey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.