Friday, April 11, 2008

I think I'm nuts.

I swore as a kid watching my mom suffer though cloth diapers that I would never EVER use them when I had children of my own. Well guess what... I'm considering them. They're cheaper than disposables and yeah, kinda cute too. Here are the ones I'm considering: Bum Genius. Has anyone tried cloth diapers recently? I know all about those old fashioned, pinned ones... I'm just curious if anyone has tried the newer kinds? Is it worth the trouble?
We considered buying a pack of diapers everytime we found ourselves at Target (unfortunately, that would be a lot) and keep sighing as the prices are just so high. I've already determined that we won't be using formula this time around to save a few bucks as well. Besides, I want to try it anyway. I'm not anti-formula at all. I haven't seen a clear distinction between formula fed children and breastfed children. Seriously, I've known some interesting breastfed kids in my day.

Anyway, just some random thoughts I thought I'd share. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've tried them! And even the "old fashion" ones have some new tricks! Bum Genius is a great diaper because it is a one size diaper so it's a great money saver if you like the style. There are lots of styles of cloth diapers out there now. Check for trial packs (rentals) and chat with a diaper consultant to get the best fit for your family and lifestyle. It is definitely worth it!
Laura
www.valleyclothdiapers.ca