Sunday, April 27, 2008

Newest Goal & Seattle Engagement

Once the house shopping and the moving is squared away I vow to take a photography class or workshop! There's so much I still need to learn. It's funny how you think you know something until you get thrown a curve ball and are immediately humbled by how much you really don't know! I admit, I'm a little terrified of discovering JUST how much I need to know!

Today I got to shoot an engagement session for Shawnta and Ronald; Michelle's co-worker. It was quite a struggle... I had only met them once prior to discuss ideas but at the time, I was still recovering from the wisdom teeth ordeal (I know, will this event ever go away??)and couldn't talk much. Today I could sense they were stressed out and disapointed over the lack of sunshine but wanted to press on anyway towards Seattle. We followed their Seattle-familiar friends to a great location in Alki Beach to get some space needle skyline shots. Down comes the rain but luckily not in buckets. I tried my hardest to help them see the potential and to think outside the box. Not only were they stressed, Ronald was having allergy problems and Shawnta had 2 broken toes from a recent trip to California. I felt horrible! I was only able to capture a few good shots of them, the rest were out of focus or in partial focus. Eek. Luckily, they want to try later this week if the weather improves. We're gonna go closer to home at good old Pt. Defiance this time. All of the beautiful flowers should be in bloom :)Maybe this time I'll push them to get a few drinks beforehand to loosen up! hehe
Seriously though, these guys tried so hard and have such wonderful, quirky personalities. Maybe next time we'll get more of their personalities :)

No comments: