Saturday, May 24, 2008

In the air tonight...

Tonight I had the absolute pleasure of exploring nighttime/low light photography with a friend from work. Nighttime is one of my most frustrating moments when it comes to photography but I think I learned a lot. I love how it breaks me from the mold I was getting entirely too comfortable in and made me see patterns, shapes, light, textures... eye opening and enriching! I would totally do this again! We started around 7:30 and lost track of time until 11:30pm! Yikes! Of course, I forgot my phone in my car... Mike didn't freak out too badly though... :)
Here a few of my faves. See my flickr stream for the rest! Please... feel free to let me know how you like the processing, framing, composition...etc.






***Updated... holy cow. 16 hits since I originally posted this!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nick said...

The third picture is simply...amazing. Kinda creepy, but it's so very cool how he's almost ghost-like.

Christine said...

Thanks! This is pretty fun to do if you are ever interested in playing model for us sometime... :P

Nick said...

But I break lenses remember? ;) Seriously though, I'm always up for photography. If I had a camera, I would so be into it...

Paul Bauman said...

I've always had a soft spot for desolate industrial/commercial environments, especially at night. Call me weird. I think it stems back to living in NYC and associating those types of spaces with the giant, unfathomable, bustle of the world [gazes wistfully out the window]. What was I talking about?