Thursday, October 2, 2008

For those of you following Jamie's story lately, here's some info as of today;

A very cool lady gave me the number of a woman that works with student services with White River School District. She says I can at least request an evaluation and see what the public schools can offer in terms of free help. Since I felt like Jamie is on the verge of losing his place with his current preschool, I went ahead and gave Mary a call.
I explained his current history with the preschools this year and his experience with kindergarten and Mary said she would definitely look into talking with his teachers and finding out where the problem seems to be. I returned her phone call this morning and she relayed that she spoke with Jamie's kindergarten teacher and she pretty much said exactly what I described. Mary wanted to get the ball rolling immediately in Jamie's case and suggested we meet tomorrow morning to go over the evaluation process and make an appointment for her to visit Jamie in preschool and observe.
Last Monday I had scheduled a pediatric appointment to see what a medical doctor might suggest. She made note of Jamie's very active behavior and informed me that it was still too early to determine if Jamie has ADD or ADHD. She wanted to make a referral for a psychiatric appointment as well as a psychologist. Both are scheduled late this month and early November.

On a related note, he's really tried my patience today while we were out and about to Borders and Target. His constant need for my attention and his constant chattiness has really worn me out. I'm feeling extremely tense right now. =/ But we've got a birthday party to attend to tonight so hopefully he'll get his energy out before we head out again.

I really hope that this is a step forward in the right direction and we can hopefully get our family the help we need to be better parents and a better, more well-behaved kid. *crossing my fingers!!*

No comments: