Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Iron deficiency?

Tomorrow I am taking Jamie to get his blood drawn for tests to determine if he has a type of Iron deficiency. Apparently four years ago, doctors discovered a link to some cases of ADHD in which the kids were simply not processing iron thus, displaying ADHD and ODD symptoms. They treated the kids by replacing the iron in their bodies and they reported improvements and those behavior problems, well... normalized. I know this sounds like a very simple explaination to a very confusing, frustrating problem. I have a hard time swallowing it myself but a part of me needs to begin the process of elimination. Although, I terribly dread having to hold him down for the nurses to take blood... =( Always breaks my heart.

On a separate, happy note I had a family portrait session today at Point Defiance. The mother came into contact with me through Michelle's recommendation (thanks shel!) and they're such a sweet family! Their little boy is so adorable and happy! I had tons of fun taking pictures :) A mental note for next time; widen aperture. I wound up with dozens of blurry shots due to low ISO (which was intentional to preserve color and quality) and my aperture wasn't wide enough. It's all okay though. I got some really adorable shots of little C! The group portraits were the hardest with trying to get a 2 year old to look at the camera lol Needless to say, I didn't get any group shots with him and his parents looking at me at the same time. Which is fine, they turned out beautiful anyway. :) I put up a couple of sneak peeks on flickr.

Maybe tomorrow if it's nice, Jamie and I will trek a little further from home for pictures. Good night!

1 comment:

Paul Bauman said...

It's always so hard with kids because they just can't communicate what they're feeling completely; so sometimes these really complex behaviors do have amazingly simple causes.

And I feel you on the blood draw... I hate those -_-; Might have to take him out for a little something afterward ;)

Thanks for posting some of those photos from your session. Very nicely done.