Thursday, October 18, 2007

Costumes...costumes...

It's time to start thinking about Halloween costumes for Jamie. I asked him last week what he wanted to be and he said "Pumpkin" (big surprise there, considering his current obsession with pumpkins.). The closest size costume I found was a 3T and so it was bought. It wasn't until today that I had him try it on just in case and I wasn't surprised that it came out too short. So I need to make a trip back to Target.
We might browse the thrift store... But I've got a black grease monkey outfit I bought awhile back that's a 5T... hmmm he'd be adorable in that. It'd be super easy, just get a little dirt on his face, ruff up his hair (maybe faux hawk?) and he'd be set! It's a little too big for him but we might make do. If only I had some sewing skills. Meh, let's not even go there... lol
Thanks to my gracious boss, I get Halloween off to take Jamie Trick or Treating :) It'll be loads of fun! I'll definitely be toting my camera!

4 comments:

auntie jean said...

Well guess what I did one year for a costume. I got a pair of orange sweat pant suit and took a magic marker and made tiger strips. Made a tail and hat. And I had tigger. Or Uncle Tony the tiger. Whatever you want to call it. Don't give you Shutterbug there is always a way.

Christine said...

Hmm... I used to do this sort of thing all the time. Create stuff out of whatever was lying around. I'll let you know what I come up with!

Paul Bauman said...

Zak is normally a firm believer in making our own costumes, but Hunter was SO indecisive this year... We didn't want to make something he would end up not really wanting.

We ended up finding a fly costume (in the insect sense, not the "funky fresh" sense) at the goodwill store when we were dropping stuff off. Thank goodness >.>

Christine said...

Jamie finally decided that he wanted to be a skeleton. Which is funny because he was actually terrified of them before? I dont know...he's a goofy kid. He was upset that his costume didn't come with a mask so looks like I'll be either painting his face or we'll make a paper one :)I hope I can get some good shots before he tugs it off within an hour. hehe