Thursday, October 11, 2007

"Grandma-Grandpa-trains-and-trucks"

Yes, this is their official title as deemed appropriate by the little guy. I suppose if you're four years old and both your grandmas' have rhyming names (Marilyn and Carolyn) you'd want to separate them as much as possible?

Of course, we didn't make the trip empty handed. I brought along Marilyn's book by James Patterson that she requested and my camera.

Grandpa has a garage full of boyhood treasures... TRAINS! A complete set with houses, roads, cars, bridges ... you name it.

IMG_7990

IMG_8015

IMG_8018

When it came time to leave, I had to carry him out, kicking and screaming. -.- All the way home it was, "I want to stay! I dont wanna go home! Mama!!" like a broken record. Eventually I had to shout, "One more word from you and you're going to take a nap when we get home!". The rest of the ride home was peaceful and quiet.

3 comments:

auntie jean said...

Thanks for letting me look into your world. My goodness my dad has out done his self with the trains. I will be reading your blog regularly. Thanks again

Christine said...

I was hoping that you guys would enjoy this all the way from CA :) It'll be like you're right there, playing along with us!

Norey said...

Wonderful pics of the trains! Makes me want to build stuff like that!