Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Dive into the foray

I've decided to join ranks with the other mamas who choose to brag about their children online! :) I warn you though... things are NOT as perfect as they appear. I will do my best to portray us honestly, complete with faults, typos and bad days. Because that's what it means to be a mom I supppose, to let mistakes happen. They're bound to. No sense in hiding it from others. It's nice to know you're not alone out there, making bad choices in parenting and occasionally letting your child have string cheese for breakfast. Who cares? If that's all he'll eat for breakfast, let him have string cheese! There are no rules that imply he must eat pancakes or cereal each and every morning.

Yes, I feel better now.

If anyone chooses to read this on a daily basis I must warn you... My moods go up and down. Oh, so does yours? Okay, then this should be like home for you then. Keep reading if you dare.

:)

3 comments:

auntie jean said...

Guess what eating string cheese is a blessing. I remember days when my kids were lucky to eat a piece of toast. Since they follow after good old mom. I am not a breakfast eater and so it lives on in my kids. Enjoy the days of string cheese my friend soon it will be chips or dry top ramon soup and out the door they go.

We are not perfect in raising our kids. Funny things is wait until you have grow older as your kids have grown and you hear something your "mom" said coming out of your mouth. UGH! As soon as you say it, you look around saying where is that crazy woman called "mom". Then a little smirk comes across your lips and think "wow, how did she do it with all us running around driving her crazy. Then you think I guess I didn't grow up not so bad now. Then worst you think "she was right". Love to all the "mom's before us that survived their own grown kids".

Paul Bauman said...

Hey, if it's any consolation, kids in Japan eat rice, fish and miso for breakfast ^_^

Christine said...

Your guys' comments make me grin silly! Thanks!
I remember eating nothing but waffles every morning but then again, I was spoiled by grandma and grandpa often. =/ hehe

I try to keep myself in check and remember the crazy things my mom did...

:)