Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sick Day

Falling into bed last night, I think I knew that I wouldn't be getting up feeling like a spring chicken.

"Mama! Time to GET up!" Small hands shook my shoulders and I could feel him bouncing around my head. Oh my head... it was like someone was trying to blow up a balloon INSIDE my head over and over. The pounding... then my throat felt like it was on fire. Each swallow was accompanied by a prayer. I was a trooper. I knew that today was Jamie's long day at preschool so up I went and pulled on some clothes.
My memory of this morning is still a bit foggy. I seem to remember dressing Jamie in nearly matching clothes but I'm sure I didn't care. With my eyelids semi closed most of the time, I surveyed the clock constantly, counting down the minutes until I could drop him off at preschool and come directly home and back to bed.
My lovely soft bed with plushy pillows. Well, plushy is pushing it but I didn't care. My head was being jackhammered mercilessly.

After dropping him off I contemplated going to the grocery store for medicine and decided against it. My bed was calling and who was I to ignore it? Jeans yanked off and sweatpants back on, I crawled back under the covers and tried to sleep off the monster migraine.

A few hours later, I gave in and took some Excedrin and fell back to sleep. I was so tired that I didn't even care if the kitten was playing all over me, chasing her tail and attacking my feet. Yeah, THAT tired. 2pm rolled around and I felt like new!

Thank you God for inventing Excedrin and Preschool!

A Clear Epiphany
I even felt good enough to shoot a bit. :)

No comments: