Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Memories

Quickly finishing up A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, I've been thinking alot about how times have changed. Children used to treasure a tangerine at Christmas time or a simply decorated tin. Nowadays, they must have the most expensive, latest toys. I would like to make it more about warm memories that they can share with their families when they get older.
I do my best and have good intentions... but honestly- working gets me worn out. By the time I get home, all I want to do is just sit and be left alone. I'm sincerely hoping that this might be my last retail/or cafe Christmas that I work.
Maybe then, we will actually have time to stop and play in the snow on our way to the mountains or take a leisurely drive to see Christmas lights or take in a Christmas play. Hopefully this week we'll have time to put up our Christmas tree :)

1 comment:

auntie jean said...

I totally understand what you mean. One thing that my mom and dad did for christmas one year was, home made christmas stuff on the tree. I thought it was one of the funniest things we did. Stringing popcorn, making paper chains and such. I think it was the best tree ever.

But remember please stop and smell the roses. Because I don't want you to let life pass you by. As each year goes by they become faster and faster. Enjoy what moments you have girl.