Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Winter Blues

I know... I have nothing to complain about. I just chalk it up to the winter blues. I sincerely hate winter. It's dark, cold, boring, cold and dark. I mentioned cold, right?

It's usually around this time of year that I start to seriously consider moving to San Diego, California- where weather is fairly consistent all year 'round (currently 55 degrees, I checked). I love sunshine. While it's true, sunshine doesn't love me... but *sigh* I like being warm and toasty with lots of light to surround me. This is starting to sound more and more like an ungrateful posting! Yikes!

I like Washington too... The weather changes keep us on our toes and tests our agility and endurance (and our cars' agility and endurance >.<). It doesn't get too hot in the summertime and it's always green. Most folks around here look similiar to me, fair skinned so there isn't the longing for a tan (not that I could even if I wanted to). I like being near the sparkling water and surrounded by lush evergreen trees. Maybe I should consider real estate near Des Moines or Gig Harbor... hmmmm...

Nah... I couldn't make Mike commute even futher than he already does. I'm thankful we don't live in Spokane or Idaho (yuck! sorry if that offended you...). One needs to force herself to look for the positive.

No comments: